Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/28 14:08:51 UTC

JSON types in PutDatabaseRecord

Matt pinged me to look into something on that front with a ticket that was
closed, and I chased it down. Noticed that it doesn't appear to be possible
to push a Record type into a JSON field in Postgres because it identifies
it as SqlType 2002, which is a Struct, and not as a JSON type.

I think I could fix the code to make it able to work, but I was wondering
if anyone has input on the existing behavior. I don't want to surprise
someone by breaking their inserts. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike