Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Thomas Marsh <ma...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/16 18:27:12 UTC

Unable to connect to host when Resize method set to ‘Display Update’

 We are currently running Guacamole on an Alpine 3.15 container and trying to connect to a Windows 2019 server hosted on an EC2 instance. Recently, when connecting with 'Resize Method' set to 'Display Update (RDP8.1+)' we started receiving the red banner -"The remote desktop server is currently unavailable". When changing the resize method to 'blank' or 'reconnect', it works as expected. I tried updating to Alpine 3.16 with the same results.

Guacd shows...

INFO: Resize Method: display update
INFO: No clipboard line-ending normalisation specified
INFO: User 'xxxxxxxx' joined connected
INFO: Loading keymap 'base'
INFO: Loading keymap 'en-us-qwerty'
ERROR: Connection closed
INFO: Internal RDP client disconnected

(unable to copy-paste verbatim, but these are what the logs look like, in that order)

Has anyone come across this issue before by any chance?

Thanks,