Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by sujata <an...@andiamo.com> on 2003/02/03 09:22:05 UTC

Table column width

Hi,
  I have a problem in displaying the data in the pdf table.
Each column width in a table should be different from the other column
depending on the data.
Since I am using the same fop stylesheet for different tables, I cannot
hardcode the column width in the stylesheet.

Is there any option we can set so that the PDF table columns get
adjusted with the data you pass (like HTML table)?
If not, how can I go head to solve this problem?

Thanks and Regards,
Sujata

Re: Table column-width property

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
sujata wrote:

>>    Exactly.. I need to give the column-width dynamically.
>

>      Is it possbile to do that? If yes how can i do that?
Sure. But this should be done in XSLT stage, there is no notion of variables
in XSL-FO. Fromatting is two-step process, first source document is
transformed to result tree using XSLT and then result tree is formatted by
FOP. Get some XSL tutorial, that's really basics.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn Technologies, Israel

Re: Table column-width property

Posted by sujata <an...@andiamo.com>.

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.

Posted by sujata <an...@andiamo.com>.
Hi,
   I have a table with different column width.
I get column width in a variable. How do i assign to the column-width
property?

I gave it as,
<fo:table-column column-width="{$colwidth}cm"/>
where colwidth is a variable name holding the column width value.

But this value is not accepting and it gives the error :
         Error in column-width property value "{$colwidth}"

Can anybody tell me how can i assign the variable  to column-width property

Thanks and Regards,
Sujata

Re: Table column width

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
sujata wrote:
> My Logic is get a string with all the column width s of the table
> seperated by coma.
> In xsl split it and use it for the defining the column width.
> But I did not find any methods in xsl to split a string and put it in an
> array?

You'll find this in the XSL FAQ, reachable from here
  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/

J.Pietschmann

Re: Table column width

Posted by sujata <an...@andiamo.com>.
Thanks for the reply.
How do you take the column width in a stylesheet.
I don't want to take each column width data as a separate parameter
because the no of columns vary from table to table.
My Logic is get a string with all the column width s of the table
seperated by coma.
In xsl split it and use it for the defining the column width.
But I did not find any methods in xsl to split a string and put it in an
array?
Can u please tell me, how can i do this?

Thanks and Regards,
Sujata

Re: Table column width

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.