Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/25 20:59:32 UTC

removing tests suites?

Hi,

I've begun to migrate all tests to latest JUnit 5 (probably next week big
commit incoming). It's being straightforward, although a bit tedious, but
anyway. As of today there isn't a "clean" (=only JUnit5-based) replacement
for suites, only workarounds that require the use of JUnit 4's @RunWith
(f.ex.: https://howtodoinjava.com/junit5/junit5-test-suites-examples/).

So I was wondering, does anyone use the Tests' Suites? Would it be ok to
remove them? I'd rather remove them if the alternative is having a mix of
both frameworks.. I don't use the tests suites, but maybe other find them
useful. Other alternative could be tagging the tests instead of having
suites, but I'm not very fond of it, we'd have to remember tagging each new
test file..

thoughts?

br,
juan pablo

Re: removing tests suites?

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
I don't use the test suites, so fine to remove them.