Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alex Dovlecel <do...@kbs.twi.tudelft.nl> on 2002/11/21 14:02:02 UTC

Session between services.

Hello all,
I have started to read the "big zip" and seems pretty usefull. But before
reading all that stuff, I want to know if I can achieve this behaviour:

The web service that I am going to implement will provide many methods. So I
decided to split it (2, 3 or 4 web services). One of them will deal with
login stuff and user management (get profile, change it and so on) and the
others will provide the functionality.

So I want that a user cannot connect to service2 before login (service1). For
this I decided to have a SessionObject that should be kept by the app server
and when login, adding some stuff to the session, enshuring the other
services that this user has logged in.

So can I achieve this behaviour with axis and tomcat? I am mostly interested
to do it using HttpHeaders because it should be easy for interop stuff
(slight changes to ksoap or other clients to add the sessionId header).

What do you recomend me to do?

do you have some alternative design, maybe better for this situation?

Where should I look first ? (the urls and javadoc classes)

Tx
dovle

Re: Session between services.

Posted by "Grant Echols (JanusLogix)" <ge...@januslogix.com>.
We've been successful at doing this using the Axis Session object to store
'tokens' or other items that are commonly accessible by multiple published
SOAP services.