Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Kervin Pierre <ke...@sludev.com> on 2015/05/11 01:20:50 UTC

[io] Is commons-io dormant?

Hi,

The last snapshot ( 2.5-SNAPSHOT ) seems to be over a year old, and last
release 2.4 was in 2012 ( I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong ).

I started using its Tailer class in 2.4 and realized there are a few
bugs.  Some are fixed over a year now in SVN.  E.g. commons-io 2.4
version swallows InterruptException.  For a class that blocks most of
its life that's very inconvenient when trying to shutdown the thread.
Also there are fixes relating to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IO-279 which although aren't
entirely fixed, have been made much better but are only in the snapshot.

So is commons-io dormant?  Is there something users can do to help if
it's a time-resource issue?

Best regards,
Kervin