Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by helander <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/21 13:28:30 UTC

Refrenced features and create-kar

I am using the create-kar goal and in the input feature.xml file I am
referencing the camel-cxf feature, but no bundles related to camel-cxf ends
up under the repository in the kar file.

Is this not possible (to get content from referenced features into the kar
file) ?

/Lars

Re: Refrenced features and create-kar

Posted by helander <le...@gmail.com>.
I was more thinking about how to collect the required artifacts (bundles,
feature files, etc) based on a "top-level" feature file that contains
references to feature files in "public" repositories?

Once I have that, it should be no problem to handcraft a kar file.

I observed that when I install a KAR in the deploy directory, that it is
copied to the system directory and when I remove it from the deploy
directory it is also removed from the system directory, i.e. duplicate
storage of the same information. Would it be possible (future enhancement)
to avoid copying the KAR to the system directory and just let "install" be
made from the KAR in the deploy directory?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
You can always create the kar zip file by hand.

On 07/21/2012 03:21 PM, helander wrote:
> Ok, thanks for the info.
>
> Is there some other way that I can produce a repo content based on a feature
> file with referenced features?
>
> /Lars

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Refrenced features and create-kar

Posted by helander <le...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks for the info.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Lars,

no currently, the "transitive" features are not included by the
create-kar goal.

It makes sense to add this (as least as an optional argument).

Regards
JB

On 07/21/2012 01:28 PM, helander wrote:
> I am using the create-kar goal and in the input feature.xml file I am
> referencing the camel-cxf feature, but no bundles related to camel-cxf ends
> up under the repository in the kar file.
>
> Is this not possible (to get content from referenced features into the kar
> file) ?
>
> /Lars

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org