Posted to dev@zipkin.apache.org by Zoltán Nagy <ab...@apache.org> on 2019/05/10 21:04:44 UTC

GitHub PR -> Multi-branch Jenkins pipeline triggering

In Zipkin (Incubating) we have a multi-branch pipeline building all our
projects:
https://builds.apache.org/view/Z/view/Zipkin/job/GH-incubator-zipkin/

Unfortunately pull-requests don't seem to trigger runs (or perhaps rather,
repository scans) on any of the projects. Given that we don't have admin
access to the GH repositories, root-causing this is turning out to be
tricky. I was hoping you might be able help us figure out what we're
missing.

Thank you!

Re: GitHub PR -> Multi-branch Jenkins pipeline triggering

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
PS thanks all. I think we are good now as I've noticed pull requests
getting magically checked now.

-A

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 10 May 2019 at 22:04, Zoltán Nagy <ab...@apache.org> wrote:

> In Zipkin (Incubating) we have a multi-branch pipeline building all our
> projects:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/Z/view/Zipkin/job/GH-incubator-zipkin/
>
> Unfortunately pull-requests don't seem to trigger runs (or perhaps rather,
> repository scans) on any of the projects. Given that we don't have admin
> access to the GH repositories, root-causing this is turning out to be
> tricky. I was hoping you might be able help us figure out what we're
> missing.

Why would a pull-request cause a repo scan or a build?

Surely a PR of itself does not change the repo (it's only a request),
so there is no need to scan or build it?

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.