Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2022/01/01 15:37:37 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS][VOTE] Future of Log4j 1.x

These show up as two distinct threads In Mail on my MacBook Pro.

FWIW, the PMC is aware of at least two distributions that already seem to fulfill the need of providing patched versions of Log4 1:

1. https://github.com/albfernandez/log4j/
2. https://search.maven.org/artifact/io.confluent/confluent-log4j (The source appears to be in a private repository).

Of course, both of these use different maven coordinates than Apache Log4j so users will have to ensure they exclude the Apache Log4j dependencies.

Ralph