Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Carlos Ortiz <co...@coral-technologies.com> on 2007/02/28 17:18:04 UTC

Problem with h:selectOneMenu

Hi i'm having a problem when i use :

    <h:selectOneMenu  styleClass="dojo-combobox"
value="#{searchParam.idCatStant}"  >
            <f:selectItems value="#{supplierBean.suppliers}" />
    </h:selectOneMenu>
    More code goes here

the problem is that  after  </h:selectOneMenu> does not render,
 actually the "combo box" is no finish render but the browser (IE6,IE7 ,
FF 2.x  and Opera)says its done and the generate html code is randomly
unfinish example
  <option "value">description></option>
  <option "
  the problem is when the supplierBean.suppliers are when the
supplierBean.suppliers.length is > 65

using Myfaces 1.1.6
        tomahawk 1.1.5
         Sun JDK 5 update on Windows xp
.

Re: Problem with h:selectOneMenu

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
You'd see it in your logs, probably.   What logs those are will depend
on your container.   It's not a good idea to put a method which can
throw an exception directly on your page code -- I think you want to
put a wrapper around your database calls and handle it more gracefully
in your application.

Posted by Carlos Ortiz <co...@coral-technologies.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.