Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jim MacGowan <j....@cableregina.com> on 1999/07/22 18:37:01 UTC

os-windows/4753: Every once and a while apache will start using 99% CPU usage.

>Number:         4753
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Every once and a while apache will start using 99% CPU usage.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.3.6
>Environment:
Win NT Workstation 4.0 SP5
WarFTPd 1.70
ActivePerl 513
MySQL 3.22
PHP3 3.0.11
D.net Personal Proxy 306
WinProxy 2.1g
Every once and a while apache will start using as much CPU usage it can get.
Making anything with a lower priority useless. And also causing itself slow web
page loading. It seems to happen more often when one of the clients is accessing
the web through WinProxy, but it still is happening when there is no internal
network traffic. This problem has increased lately. At the same time my D.net
PProxy traffic has increased, but heavy block submits do not seem to cause the
problem. If you're not familiar with what a d.net pproxy is checkout
www.distributed.net for more info.

Average Daily Traffic levels

Apache: 200 hits
WarFTPd: 5 hits
D.net PProxy: 70000 blocks
MySQL: 50 connections
>How-To-Repeat:
I don't know.
>Fix:
I don't know what you can do to fix it. But I am going to try to switch
everything over to linux for a quick fix.
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]