Posted to user@uima.apache.org by harshal patni <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/21 13:26:46 UTC

CallBackListener (collectionProcessComplete)

Hi,
    We are using UIMA-AS client to call the UIMA-AS server to retrieve
results.
 We have implemented 2 methods in the CallBackListener (which by the way
extends UimaAsBaseCallbackListener). The methods are follows -

*entityProcessComplete<http://uima.apache.org/d/uima-as-2.4.0/api-uima-as/org/apache/uima/aae/client/UimaAsBaseCallbackListener.html#entityProcessComplete(org.apache.uima.cas.CAS,
org.apache.uima.collection.EntityProcessStatus)> - Used to retrieve results
from individual cases*
*collectionProcessComplete<http://uima.apache.org/d/uima-as-2.4.0/api-uima-as/org/apache/uima/aae/client/UimaAsBaseCallbackListener.html#collectionProcessComplete(org.apache.uima.collection.EntityProcessStatus)>
-
Used to stop UIMA client and to let the main application know the process
is complete*

The problem is collectionProcessComplete does not execute at all. Any ideas
on how to solve this?

Harshal

Re: CallBackListener (collectionProcessComplete)

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Is your application calling UIMA-AS client collectionProcessComplete()
method?

   -

   void collectionProcessingComplete(): Sends a Collection Processing
   Complete request to the UIMA-AS Analysis Service. This call is cascaded
   down to all delegates; however, if a particular delegate is scaled-out,
   only one of the instances of the delegate will get this call. The method
   blocks until all of the components that received this call have returned,
   or a timeout occurs. On success or failure, the application is notified via
   the statusCallbackListener's collectionProcessComplete() method.

   JC