Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by António Santos <an...@fe.up.pt> on 2003/07/16 21:57:51 UTC

problem with db instances

Hi,

Does anyone here knows if there's a bug in Xindice related to the names of the
database instances? I'm asking this because I'm trying to add a new database
instance next to the default "db".
So, I edited the system.xml file and added the following:

<service class="org.apache.xindice.server.services.XindiceService" name="Xindice">
   <root-collection dbroot="./tmpdb/" name="tmpdb" security="false">
       <queryengine>
          <resolver autoindex="false"
class="org.apache.xindice.core.query.XPathQueryResolver" />
          <resolver
class="org.apache.xindice.core.xupdate.XUpdateQueryResolver" />
       </queryengine>
   </root-collection>
</service>

next to "db" service definition.

The server starts ok and the folder for this database instance is created.
The problem now is that when I try to add a new collection to the "tmpdb"
instance, that collection is added to "db" instance instead!!
And if I try to add to "tmpdb" instance a collection which already exists in
the "db" instance, I get an error saying that the collection is duplicated.
So, I decided to remove the "db" instance service definition from the
system.xml configuration file and just leave there the definition for the
"tmpdb" instance. But now nothing works! If I try to add a new collection
(with the -v option to get debug information), I get the following:

ERROR :
DEBUG>
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException:
        at
org.apache.xindice.core.FaultCodes.createXMLDBException(FaultCodes.java:247)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:226)
        at
org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:194)
at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:157)
  at
org.apache.xindice.tools.command.AddCollection.execute(AddCollection.java:101)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:331)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:257)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLAdminTools.main(XMLAdminTools.java:89)

Any idea? Is it not possible to use other database instances than the default
one ("db")??

Thanks in advance,

Antonio Santos
Portugal