Posted to users@maven.apache.org by edgarosy <ed...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/16 17:26:59 UTC

Unable to build a maven project ufter updating JMS to 1.1

All,

I changed a jms dependency on my Project parent pom to have version 1.1
instead of
1.0.2
I manually uploaded its jar file to Artifactory.

My question is: When I build my app using maven 2 it tries to download the
jms file from http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/jms/jms/1.1/jms-1.1.jar
instead of my own repo?

I ran a mvn help-effective-settings -Pacp command and all my repo URLs are
correct..

I get this error:

D:\acpwork\cruise\checkout\branch\modules\common-trilogy>mvn install -Pacp
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
WAGON_VERSION: 1.0-beta-2
[INFO]
[INFO] Building octanner common trilogy module
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [buildnumber:create {execution: default}]
[INFO] Checking for local modifications: skipped.
[INFO] Updating project files from SCM: skipped.
[INFO] Storing buildNumber: 25845 at timestamp: 1231785672571
[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/jms/jms/1.1/jms-1.1.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1

 Try downloading the file manually from:
     http://java.sun.com/products/jms/docs.html

 Then, install it using the command:
     mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.jms -DartifactId=jms
-Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=javax.jms -DartifactId=jms
-Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

 Path to dependency:
       1) com.octanner:common-trilogy:jar:8.12
       2) com.octanner:i18n:jar:8.12
       3) com.octanner:domainmodel:jar:8.12
       4) com.octanner:common:jar:8.12
       5) javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
 com.octanner:common-trilogy:jar:8.12

from the specified remote repositories:
 central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 8 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jan 12 11:41:15 MST 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 11M/21M
[INFO]

Re: Unable to build a maven project ufter updating JMS to 1.1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 9:28 AM, edgarosy <ed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I forgot to mention that I am unable to build the project from the build
> server, but if I run it from any other computer checking out the same
> project from svn it would work.

How do you have _your_ computer configured to use your internal repo?
Check that the same configuration is present on the build server.

In my case, I have internal corporate repositories and mirrors in
$M2_HOME/conf/settings.xml, and all developers use the same Maven
distribution.  Yours might be in ~/.m2/settings.xml instead.

--
Wendy

Re: Unable to build a maven project ufter updating JMS to 1.1

Posted by edgarosy <ed...@gmail.com>.
Thanks

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.

Posted by edgarosy <ed...@gmail.com>.