Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mathew Thomas <mt...@piranha.com> on 2000/12/03 16:27:18 UTC

ServerSocketFactory

When I run build.sh for tomcat, I get the error message that when trying
to compile SSLSocketFactory, Class javax.net.ServerSocketFactory is not
found in import.  ServerSocketFactory does exist but it appears to be in
a misplaced package/directory.  Any ideas??

Mathew

Re: ServerSocketFactory

Posted by Trevor Little <tl...@hoaglandlongo.com>.
You might need the JSSE package

Re: ServerSocketFactory

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Mathew Thomas wrote:

> When I run build.sh for tomcat, I get the error message that when trying
> to compile SSLSocketFactory, Class javax.net.ServerSocketFactory is not
> found in import.  ServerSocketFactory does exist but it appears to be in
> a misplaced package/directory.  Any ideas??

The README.txt file in the top-level directory of the Tomcat source distribution
documents all of the prerequisites you will need.  In particular, you will need
the Java Secure Sockets Extension (JSSE), version 1.0.2 or later, to compile
these classes.  You can get it from <http://java.sun.com>.

> Mathew

Craig McClanahan