Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com> on 2013/09/24 10:34:41 UTC

How to increase number of stored pages in PageStore for Wicket 6.8?

Hi,

When I checked the work/.../wicketFilter-filestore folder it seems that for
every session Wicket stores the last 3 stateful pages.

Will this cause problems when a user opens more than 3 (stateful) tabs at
once?

How do I increase this number? Is it possible to increase this number for
select requests only? (i.e. only for logged in users having specific
authorization/security roles, while guests and regular users get the
standard 3 pages)

Thank you.

Hendy

Re: How to increase number of stored pages in PageStore for Wicket 6.8?

Posted by francois meillet <fr...@gmail.com>.
Have a look to setMaxSizePerSession() in the IStoreSettings interface
application.getStoreSettings().setMaxSizePerSession(Bytes.megabytes(30));

François

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com> wrote:

> Forgive me for asking one more thing.
>
> If I want to offload the wicket store to another server, how is the best
> way to do this?
>
> 1. Mount the Wicket Store folder from an NFS share; or
> 2. Configure Wicket-specific other Store implementation (JDBC?); or
> 3. Configure Wicket to store in session (how?) and let Tomcat's
> PersistentManager handle this?
>
> I've been reading
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Page+Storage but it
> seems it only applies to Wicket 1.5 ?

Why do you think it applies to 1.5 only ?

Posted by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com> wrote:

> Thank you Francois and Martin.
>
> So the 3 pages are actually because Wicket limits to size (not number of
> pages?)
>
> Is it possible to set this on a per-request basis?

Everything is possible.
Use custom impl of IStoreSettings that uses the current request/session
when deciding what to return in #getMaxSizePerSession

Posted by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,