Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Fernando Santos <fe...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/20 13:57:32 UTC

Mahout in one PC - multiple cores processor

Hello everyone,

I'm working with some classification tasks that are taking long time do be
processed. So looking for a solution I found Mahout.

Does anyone know if using Mahout without any cluster, just in my computer,
it gives better performance than not using it? I mean, is it possible to
treat the different cores of my computer's processor as they were a cluster
of other machines?

Thanks!

--
Fernando Santos
+55 61 8129 8505

Re: Mahout in one PC - multiple cores processor

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Just runs in one process.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Fernando Santos <fe...@gmail.com>.