Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dusan Petrovic <du...@pamet.co.yu> on 2001/02/05 12:19:57 UTC

Logging errors on Tomcat Startup

Hi,
I have problem during the start of TomCat server
tomcat start

After few seccond, TomCut write some errors on the screen and then that window desappear. I can not see what is the problem. My question is: Can I see log of those errors???

Thanks!!!

Re: Logging errors on Tomcat Startup

Posted by RK <v_...@hotmail.com>.
If you are on Windows, try the following.

See the log files
Start tomcat from the DOS window with the following command that saves the output to a file
tomcat run >tomcat.out 2>&1
tomcat.out contains the error log. Use your favorite editor (emacs! :-)) to look at the log.

Posted by "Etienne Baert (SPS Office)" <eb...@sps.be>.
Or you simply add the "pause" command at the end of the .bat file ...

> Hi,I have problem during the start of TomCat servertomcat start After few
seccond, TomCut write some errors on the screen and then that window
desappear. I can not see what is the problem. My question is: Can I see log
of those errors??? Thanks!!!

If you are using NT or 2000 Windows Os try starting Tomcat, instead of by
doubleclikking the start bat file, calling the bat file from a OS command
windows. In this way the window doasn,'t desappear immediatly and you have
time to read your errors

Re: Logging errors on Tomcat Startup

Posted by Gallicus <ga...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by gerd trautner <gt...@yuri.at>.
see server.xml in tomcat/conf

:add
path="logs/tomcat.log"
to <Logger name="tc_log"...

Posted by Dusan Petrovic <dp...@yahoo.com>.
v3.2

Tomcat is working OK. The problem is in deploying some my application. I
want to se error log file, to corect errors in my application.

Thanks !!!

Posted by Dusan Petrovic <dp...@yahoo.com>.
Tomcat is working OK. The problem is in deploying some my application. I want to se error log file, to corect errors in my application.

  It is very often due to the fact you forgot to set the environement variables TOMCAT_HOME ant JAVA_HOME in the startup.bat file.
  Or maybe if you use Apache as a static page web server, the line used to include the Tomcat.conf file is not well written.

Posted by Alistair Hopkins <al...@berthengron.co.uk>.
Use
tomcat run
instead.

That way, it will execute in your local window instead of spaawning a new
one, and you will see the messages in your window after java exits.