Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net> on 2004/07/29 06:53:19 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Zip plugin

Hi all,

I'd like to make a proposal: why don't we have a zip plugin, similar to
war/ear/jar/rar, but creating a zip, without a manifest?

I already have such a plugin, which is used in at least 2 cases in my
projects: to create a zip with SQL scripts and other with app server
descriptors.

I can submit it as a patch/jira entry, if any committer volunteer to
maintain it (after a vote approving the plugin, of course :-).

Regards,

Felipe

Re: [PROPOSAL] Zip plugin

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
I suppose this plugin use ant tasks.
Personnally, I prefer POJO. I've started a full refactoring of ant task to
POJO.

This implementation will be use in the new generation of maven plugin.
http://cvs.plexus.codehaus.org/plexus/plexus-components/native-m2/plexus-archiver/

If you want to write a plugin, I prefer you use plexus-archiver. It will be
more simple to migrate it to maven new generation.

Emmanuel

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.