Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Nestel, Frank" <fr...@coi.de> on 2000/08/14 10:44:37 UTC

Linebreaks in XML-Output

Hello everyone,

just a simple beginners question. I'm building some
stylesheets to create HTML. Unfortunately I'm doing mistakes.
No I'd like to have a look at the genereted HTML source, but
this is compressed into a single line. I usually use editors
like vi to look into HTML, to help reading it would be nice
to have a few physical Linebreaks ( LF or CR or both ) in
the output. I have seen XSLs using #10; or so entitites.
This does not seem to work. Is there an "offical", i.e.
working, portable, clean, way to generate line breaks from
an XSL?

Thank you
Frank

--
Dr. Frank Sven Nestel
Senior Software Engineer

COI GmbH    Erlanger Straße 62, D-91074 Herzogenaurach
Phone +49 (0) 9132 82 4611
http://www.coi.de, mailto:Frank.Nestel@coi.de
          COI - Solutions for Documents