Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2006/01/11 04:28:01 UTC

review reminder

We need quite a lot of reviews on the 3.1.1 milestone.

--j.

Re: review reminder

Posted by Duncan Findlay <du...@debian.org>.
On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 04:33:02PM -0600, Doc Schneider wrote:
> Welcome to the world of out of work Admins. I've been out of work for
> close to a year now. And the job pickings are really slim.
>
> I'm still looking for work too!

And I'm worried about finding a summer job :-)

Sorry I also haven't been doing much. For some reason, I'm taking 8
courses this term leaving little time for all the extracurricular
stuff I'm doing, and unfortunately SpamAssassin lies below that on my
priority list. :-(

Hopefully I'll find a job for this summer that leaves with me a bit of
time to code on SpamAssassin...

--
Duncan Findlay

Re: review reminder

Posted by Doc Schneider <ma...@maddoc.net>.
Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 10:52:23AM -0500, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
>> I would like to apologize for not being available to help with this while
>
> I'll chip in with a "me too".  I'm in the process of leaving my current job
> (so if anyone wants to hire a UNIX/Network Admin and Perl/anti-spam
> developer...), so I've kind of had a hectic schedule since getting back from
> ApacheCon.  Next Tuesday is my last day, and then my schedule becomes a bit
> more open for a while, so I'll be able to spend some time reviewing patches
> and what-not.

Theo,

Welcome to the world of out of work Admins. I've been out of work for
close to a year now. And the job pickings are really slim.

I'm still looking for work too!

-Doc

Re: review reminder

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 10:52:23AM -0500, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
> I would like to apologize for not being available to help with this while

I'll chip in with a "me too".  I'm in the process of leaving my current job
(so if anyone wants to hire a UNIX/Network Admin and Perl/anti-spam
developer...), so I've kind of had a hectic schedule since getting back from
ApacheCon.  Next Tuesday is my last day, and then my schedule becomes a bit
more open for a while, so I'll be able to spend some time reviewing patches
and what-not.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Victory is mine...  Victory is mine...  I drink from the keg of glory

Re: review reminder

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
I would like to apologize for not being available to help with this while
I've been traveling and barely have Internet access to scan my email.
I'll be back home next week.

 -- sidney

Re: review reminder

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
On 1/10/2006 10:28 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
> We need quite a lot of reviews on the 3.1.1 milestone.
>
> --j.

Since it's voting day, don't forget to vote, and vote often...

* 4623	needs 1 vote
* [review] update to support Mail::DomainKeys API change

Without this patch DomainKeys doesn't work with the latest DomainKeys
module from CPAN.

* 4652	needs 1 vote
* [review] __OIMO_MSGID header pattern is not correct

Fixes some FPs.

* 4661	needs 2 votes
* [review] SPF.pm checks mail submitted to a host listed in trusted, but
* not internal, networks

SPF tests are broken if trusted_networks != internal_networks, resulting
in no hits or FPs.

* 4728	needs 2 votes
* [review] DUL rules should only use the last external IP, not all but
* the first of the external IPs

Restores 2.64 functionality by not looking up intermediate external IPs
in DUL lists.  Causes lots of false positives for people who
legitimately relay their mail through a listed IP which then smarthosts
it to their ISP (lots of mid-size businesses do this).

* 4759	needs 1 votes
* [review] "fetchmail marker, restarting parse" can be used by spammers
* to hide relay handovers from SA

Not sure if this affects any rules.  Simple fix though.

* 4760 	needs 2 votes
* [review] possible to be in internal_networks without being in
* trusted_networks

I think any trusted host should be specified explicitly in
trusted_networks (see end of bug).

* 4765 	needs 2 votes
* [review] change spf.t to use dnsbltest.spamassassin.org

Moves SPF tests off of bugzilla.spamassassin.org and adds additional
tests to demonstrate that bug 4661's solution is correct