Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Neil Youngman <Ne...@wirefast.com> on 2010/07/02 10:04:55 UTC

Conditional values in axis2.xml

I am trying to deploy an application as an AAR file and I would like to deploy the same AAR file across all our environments. The problem I have is that the value of httpFrontendHostUrl in axis2.xml needs to be different depending on whether it's in a test environment or a live environment. Ideally I would set an environment variable, which could be referred to in axis2.xml, but AFAICS there is no mechanism provided to allow for this.

Is there any way to make a value in axis2.xml conditional, or do I have to produce a different AAR file for each environment?

Neil

Neil Youngman
Developer
Wirefast Limited

Wirefast provides secure corporate messaging services.
See our messaging solutions at http://www.wirefast.com/
Please consider the environment.
Does this email or attachment need to be printed?
for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please
notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this
email by mistake and delete this email from your system.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
of this message which arise as a result of email transmission.
Wirefast Limited is registered in England & Wales
Company number: 03865860
Registered Office: 7/10 Chandos Street, Cavendish Square, London, W1G 9DQ

RE: Conditional values in axis2.xml

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
axis2.xml is the applications configuration file for the entire axis2 webapp

services.xml configuration are attributes which are specific to the deployed service module (.aar)

the only way i know is to create the services.xml to reflect dynamic parameters is to write the services.xml

http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-dev@ws.apache.org/msg46596.html

hth
Martin Gainty

Posted by Neil Youngman <Ne...@wirefast.com>.

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.
Only service configuration artifacts such as services.xml should be packaged
within AAR file. Artifacts which specify the server configurations such as
axis2.xml  should be placed in server configuration directory depending on
your deployment environment (e.g. WEB-INF/conf). Packaging such
configurations artifacts with the service archive files won't have any
effect as it should not.

Sanka

--
Sanka Samaranayake