Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by tech7 <te...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/20 19:41:32 UTC

Getting data from dynamically constructed elements

Hi to everyone,
I have a loop and inside this loop; i am constructing checkgroups in the
listview but I dont know how to get data after the user has selected.Do you
have any idea?I need your suggestions.
With my best regards.

-----
Developer
Wicket
Java
JSP

Re: Getting data from dynamically constructed elements

Posted by tech7 <te...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your response I got it

-----
Wicket-Java

Re: Getting data from dynamically constructed elements

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
The state of the checkboxes is determined by the model.  So, just make
sure the model doesn't contain those values.  Take a look at:

http://wicketstuff.org/wicket14/forminput/

for an example.  The model isn't completely obvious (which is why I
dislike CompoundPropertyModels), but the values that will be checked
will be the ones that are contained in the FormInputModel's
"numbersCheckGroup" property (which is an ArrayList<String>).  So, if
a Check's model value is contained in the "numbersCheckGroup" list,
then that Check will be selected.

Posted by tech7 <te...@gmail.com>.
Any suggestions?

-----
Wicket-Java

Re: Getting data from dynamically constructed elements

Posted by tech7 <te...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your response.
I got this error when I tried to run your suggestion:
     at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
     at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.PGMix$8.populateItem(PGMix.java:314)
     at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.list.Loop.onPopulate(Loop.java:137)
     at
org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.AbstractRepeater.onBeforeRender(AbstractRepeater.java:131)
     at
org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1065)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1099)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1753)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.onBeforeRender(Component.java:3940)
     at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.onBeforeRender(Form.java:2056)
     at
org.apache.wicket.Component.internalBeforeRender(Component.java:1065)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.beforeRender(Component.java:1099)
     at
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.onBeforeRenderChildren(MarkupContainer.java:1753)

Do you have any idea about this?

-----
Wicket-Java

Re: Getting data from dynamically constructed elements

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
in your case:
propertyLoop1.get(someIterationAsString).get("groyp").getModelObject()

but better pass a List to the itemsGroup which is reachable without using
the tree as above
e.g.

List<List> groupModels = ...;

and then:
 final CheckGroup itemsGroup = new CheckGroup("group",
groupModels.get(propertyItem.getIteration()));

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 10:10 PM, tech7 <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My code is like that:
>
> propertyLoop1 = new Loop("properties1", propertyList1.size()) {
>
>                        @Override
>                        protected void populateItem(final LoopItem
> propertyItem) {
>                                final Property property1 =
> propertyList1.get(propertyItem.getIteration());
>                                propertyItem.add(new Label("propertyName1",
> property1.getName()));
>
>                                final List itemList1 = new
> ArrayList(property1.getItems());
>
>                                final CheckGroup itemsGroup = new
> CheckGroup("group", new ArrayList());
>
>                                ListView items = new ListView("items",
> itemList1) {
>
>                                        protected void populateItem(ListItem
> itemItem) {
>                                                Check check = new
> Check("itemCheck", itemItem.getModel());
>                                                Label label = new
> Label("itemName", new
> PropertyModel(itemItem.getModel(), "name"));
>                                                itemItem.add(check);
>                                                itemItem.add(label);
>                                        };
>
>                                };
>                                items.setReuseItems(true);
>                                itemsGroup.add(items);
>                                propertyItem.add(itemsGroup);
>                        };
>                };
>
> I am really stuck on this.
>
> -----
> Developer
> Wicket
> Java
> JSP

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development

Re: Getting data from dynamically constructed elements

Posted by tech7 <te...@gmail.com>.
My code is like that:

propertyLoop1 = new Loop("properties1", propertyList1.size()) {

			@Override
			protected void populateItem(final LoopItem propertyItem) {
				final Property property1 =
propertyList1.get(propertyItem.getIteration());
				propertyItem.add(new Label("propertyName1", property1.getName()));

				final List itemList1 = new ArrayList(property1.getItems());

				final CheckGroup itemsGroup = new CheckGroup("group", new ArrayList());

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
What model is your checkgroup bound to?