Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Leo Sakhvoruk <le...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/18 21:35:10 UTC

Form component validation against database.

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to validate data input by users into a form against
information held in a database. I'm not really certain where to do this.
I basically have a form with a ListEdit component that generates the
inputs dynamically. I was wondering where (i.e. form listener method)
and how (what methods to invoke on the page/validator) to flag specific
components inside the form with errors. I saw that the API for the
IValidationDelegate has methods for FieldTracking but I can't figure out
what exactly I can do with that.

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated!

Leo

Re: Form component validation against database.

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Leo Sakhvoruk <leo.sakhvoruk <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I was wondering where (i.e. form listener method)
> and how (what methods to invoke on the page/validator) to flag specific
> components inside the form with errors. I saw that the API for the
> IValidationDelegate has methods for FieldTracking but I can't figure out
> what exactly I can do with that.

You may want to follow my third tutorial at
http://www2.cpttm.org.mo/cyberlab/softdev/tapestry/index.html