Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by CK <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/17 01:57:22 UTC

DevCloud-KVM

Hi

How is the nested visualization configured in the DevCloud appliance for
VirtualBox?

I have been trying to build my own DevCloud using Centos instead of Debian
with KVM as the hypervisor in the DevCloud, but it looks like VirtualBox
does not pass thru the Intel VMX flag to the Centos VM.

So how does the Xen nested virtualisation work in the Debian based
DevCloud2?

Regards

Re: DevCloud-KVM

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Oct 16, 2013, at 7:57 PM, CK <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> How is the nested visualization configured in the DevCloud appliance for
> VirtualBox?
>
> I have been trying to build my own DevCloud using Centos instead of Debian
> with KVM as the hypervisor in the DevCloud, but it looks like VirtualBox
> does not pass thru the Intel VMX flag to the Centos VM.

hardware virtualization is not supported on Vbox. If you want to use KVM you need Vmware workstation or Fusion if you are on OSX.

> So how does the Xen nested virtualisation work in the Debian based
> DevCloud2?

Xen works because it's a pv kernel.