Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by pa...@mc.duke.edu on 2001/06/06 16:49:13 UTC

Re: Cocoon and Sessions

Truhann,

you are probably doing everything right, but there is one small thing that
the documentation doesn't cover very well.  You need to set the
create-session attribute to true in your <xsp:page> element, like this:
<xsp:page
  create-session="true"

Otherwise the session isn't created/retrieved and you get the exceptions as you describe.

-Christopher

Please respond to cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

To:   cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
cc:

Subject:  Cocoon and Sessions

I am new to Cocoon and sessions. Are using C1.8.2.

Can anybody send a beginner sample (or pointer to help-documentation) to
setup/save/retrieve variables from a session.
All the <session:xxx> tags in my xsp page create NullPointer's.

Truhann