Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2004/09/24 12:17:59 UTC

Re: Using Regex in apache dav right access file

On Sep 24, 2004, at 4:16 AM, Miguel COSTA wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to now if it was possible to use regex in the dav configuration
> file in the path selection.

Nope, no regexes or wildcards are allowed in the [sections].  It would
be a nice feature, though.  I think others have asked for it.

Re: Using Regex in apache dav right access file

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Sep 24, 2004, at 7:32 PM, David Andersen wrote:

> Someone could just link PCRE or something into the code to allow for
> regular expressions.

No need.  mod_authz_svn already has the whole Apache API at its
disposal, which includes a regex engine.

Re: Using Regex in apache dav right access file

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by David Andersen <dm...@beyondunreal.com>.
Someone could just link PCRE or something into the code to allow for regular expressions.  You'd need to extend the syntax to allow for selection of globbing-style matching, case-sensitive regex matching, case-insensitive regex matching, and possibly the ability to restrict it to a range/list of revision numbers. :-)

That would cover just about everything.

You could do something like:

	{repository:revisionlist:matchtype:pattern}
	* =

and just process them in order.

                # Blacklist revisions 1-5 and 24.  Some fool committed
some pr0n.  It'll need to be removed later.
                {myproject:1-5,24:g:/}
                * =

                # Blacklist anything containing "confidential" in the
directory path except to admins
                {myproject:*:ri:/.*confidential.*/}
                admin = rw

There are probably other proposals that could be made.