Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Charles Brauer <CB...@SketchWorks.com> on 2001/01/30 23:16:03 UTC

Please help, do you recognize this error message?

Howdy all,

I'm a new user to this group, so please have
mercy on me.

I have just installed jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1 and
xerces-1_2_3 before installing Apache soap-2_0.

Tomcat is running o.k., and I can run the SOAP
Admin page.  I am trying to run a deploy script
for the stockquote sample. My deploy script is:

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient \
 http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter \
 deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml

I am wondering if soap-2_0 runs with xerces-1_2_3,
because when I run the deploy script I get the
following error message that comes from the XML
parser:

C:\SOAP\Apache\soap-2_0\samples\stockquote>java
 org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
 http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
 DeploymentDescriptor.xml

 org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document
 preceding the root element must be well-formed.
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1056)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError
 (XMLDocumentScanner.java:626)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.
 dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:805)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome
 (XMLDocumentScanner.java:381)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:948)
 at org.apache.soap.util.xml.XercesParserLiaison.read
 (XercesParserLiaison.java:85)
 at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:157)
 at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod
 (ServiceManagerClient.java:110)
 at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy
 (ServiceManagerClient.java:123)
 at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main
 (ServiceManagerClient.java:188)
 Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException:
 faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol; msg=java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
 at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:80)
 at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
 at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:210)

 ... more errors deleted