Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Harper, Allen (AHARPER)" <AH...@arinc.com> on 2005/02/24 21:20:46 UTC

XML Configurator Parameter List

Where can I find a COMPREHENSIVE list of all the parameters that
acompany the logger, appender, layout, etc, etc elements
In the Log4J XML configuration file.

For example:

	<appender name="ASYNC" class="org.apache.log4j.AsyncAppender">
		<param name="bufferSize" value="1"/>
		<appender-ref ref="CSF_JDBC"/>
	</appender>

No where in the manual is the parameter bufferSize discussed. This
parameter and many other are not even mentioned.

Al Harper

Re: XML Configurator Parameter List

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
Harper, Allen (AHARPER) <AH...@arinc.com> wrote:
> Where can I find a COMPREHENSIVE list of all the parameters that
> acompany the logger, appender, layout, etc, etc elements
> In the Log4J XML configuration file.
>
> For example:
>
>         <appender name="ASYNC" class="org.apache.log4j.AsyncAppender">
>                 <param name="bufferSize" value="1"/>
>                 <appender-ref ref="CSF_JDBC"/>
>         </appender>
>
> No where in the manual is the parameter bufferSize discussed. This
> parameter and many other are not even mentioned.

Check out the javadocs and look for set methods.  Those are basically
what you can set.

--
James Stauffer
http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/