Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2020/01/16 00:23:00 UTC

[MENTORS] Podling reporting timeline for February

Hi,

Draft report can be found:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/February2020

Dates Due:
Wed February 05 - Podling reports due by end of day
Sun February 09 - Shepherd reviews due by end of day
Sun February 09 - Summary due by end of day
Tue February 11 - Mentor signoff due by end of day
Wed February 12 - Report submitted to Board
Wed February 19 - Board meeting

Podlings expected to report:
Annotator*
DataSketches
DolphinScheduler
Doris
ECharts
Heron
Milagro*
Myriad*
NuttX
PageSpeed
Pinot
Ratis
S2Graph
SDAP
StreamPipes
Tamaya
Taverna*
Toree
Training
TubeMQ
Tuweni

It’s likely that YuniKorn will be added to that list.

Thanks,
Justin

* Did not report last month so need to report this month

Re: [MENTORS] Podling reporting timeline for February

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Also last month we had a number of podlings who used their own formatting and didn’t stick to the required formatting.

Whimsy and other tool expect the report to formatted in a certain way so please make sure that you try to:
	• Keep all lines under 76 characters long.
	• All content under the ### headings should be indented by two spaces. Do not use tabs.
	• Please don't change the text in the headings or add new ones.
	• Include a space after a bullet point or full stop on a numbered list.
	• Use [X] (X and no spaces) to sign off reports.

(as is mentioned at the top of teh page)

For long URLs it’s best to the us ether URL shortener https://s.apache.org.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [MENTORS] Podling reporting timeline for February

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

> On Jan 15, 2020, at 5:45 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
>
>> I would recommend breaking up the pages so that every project edits its own page
>> and doesn't risk modifying or (deleting! ) any of the other projects!
>
> Most project do edit or collate their reports on their own wiki page or on their mailing list and then transfer the final report to that page. Having each podling report on a seperate page would be more work for the IPMC, but there might be a way to automate it. It’s all revisioned so it's easy enough to revert a mistake.
>
> BTW the report should cover the full month of January.

Dave

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Fixed, I had to revert.

Nonetheless,  my gentle feedback is that this way of creating your report
is quite fragile and risky. I accidentally almost deleted most of the
report (of all the projects) due to mistyping a few keystrokes!!  I would
recommend breaking up the pages so that every project edits its own page
and doesn't risk modifying or (deleting! ) any of the other projects!

Cheers,
Lee.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I am having difficulty editing the document.  When I open the editor I only
> see the first 200 lines.

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by that and it looks OK to me.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [MENTORS] Podling reporting timeline for February

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Justin,

Fwd: [MENTORS] Podling reporting timeline for February

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
I prepared a draft for the Feb podling report:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_8ckuEuL7pdo-eOCHaXs32ymD2_qRKzEybL2Zyr6gXU/edit#

Please feel free to update. Thanks in advance!