Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Doug Douglass <dd...@denverdata.com> on 2005/09/04 00:23:05 UTC

Re: Use case question: in a multiproject context build a single jar aggregating all classes from subprojects

Andy Glick wrote:
> The Ant builds of the Spring and the SpringModules projects are fairly
> easy to convert to M1 or M2 builds using the multiproject layout. They
> are easy to reconfigure because they each is distributed with a jar per
> "subproject", so even though their source trees are not shipped
> configured as Maven subprojects they lend themselves to being rearranged.
>
> So far so good, but in addition each aggregates all of the classes and
> resources from all of its subprojects into a single jar. That convention
> is not a Maven standard, and I was wondering if anyone has given any
> thought to supporting such behavior. Given the prominence of Spring in
> particular, is this something that the team might want to consider as a
> configurable extension to the M2 multiproject plugin?

Andy,

Using maven 1.0.2, I've setup a similar in-house build for the spring
rich client project, which I believe is laid out similarly to spring
itself. I haven't tried to bundle the separate artifacts (richclient,
resources, and sandbox) into a single artifact, but I expect this could
be accomplished with either the javaapp or uberjar plugins and a little
maven.xml glue.

Alternatively, you could setup a separate POM for the combined artifact
with dependencies on each of separate artifacts and use the javaapp or
uberjar plugin with that POM. I think you'd still need some maven.xml
glue for deployment, etc.

Maybe I'll try it and let you know ;)

Hope that helps
Doug

Re: Use case question: in a multiproject context build a single jar aggregating all classes from subprojects

Posted by Hugues Pisapia <hp...@horizonwimba.com>.
This plugin looks to be compatible w/ m2 only, isn't it?
Is it available somewhere for m1?
- Hugues

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.