Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/24 09:44:39 UTC

Enhancing adoption

Hi all,

In order to enhance adoption I suggest we do the following:

   1. make the various released clients (jdbc T4, etc) available through
   mvn repositories like http://mvnrepository.com/
   2. have  demo environments (against latest available release, and trunk)
   available within the infrastructure of the ASF.

There are already several projects who implemented the second point (OFBiz,
Syncope).

What are your thoughts?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Re: Enhancing adoption

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
To be more precise regarding each OFBiz setup, each night following tasks
are executed automagically:

   1. reboot
   2. ./ant clean-all
   3. svn-update
   4. ./ant build
   5. ./ant load-demo
   6. ./ant start

Task 3 is for each setup against its appropriate branch (trunk, 13.07,
12.04)
Task 6 has - for each setup - specific settings to differentiate ports
between the setups.

Re: Enhancing adoption

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,