Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dan King <DK...@carms.ca> on 2007/07/23 15:21:44 UTC

Installing modperl when Apache is currently installed.

Hi list,

I have a current build of apache on a Sun Solaris 9 and want to install modperl as well. The instructions I have found use the apache source. This is the part I am unsure about, do I need to have Apache source if it is already installed? If I try to install modperl using Apache source will it overwrite or install a second version of Apache? I can't seem to find any instructions on users that already have a configured version of Apache.

Thanks for the help!

Dan King
Software Developer
Canadian Resident Matching Service
613.237.0075  ext. 241
(Toll free) 877.CARMS.42
171 Nepean Street, Suite 300
Ottawa, ON, CAN    K2P 0B4
www.carms.ca <http://www.carms.ca>

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient or this information has been forwarded in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy copies of the original message.  Ce message (incluant toute pièce jointe) s'adresse uniquement au(x) destinataire(s) prévu(s) ou à une personne autorisée à le recevoir en son (leur) nom. Il pourrait contenir des renseignements confidentiels ou protégés.  Si vous l'avez reçu par erreur, nous vous prions d'en informer l'auteur dans les meilleurs délais, de ne pas divulguer son contenu et de le supprimer de votre système. Merci.

Re: Installing modperl when Apache is currently installed.

Posted by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov>.
Dan King wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> I have a current build of apache on a Sun Solaris 9 and want to install
> modperl as well. The instructions I have found use the apache source.
> This is the part I am unsure about, do I need to have Apache source if
> it is already installed? If I try to install modperl using Apache source
> will it overwrite or install a second version of Apache? I can’t seem to
> find any instructions on users that already have a configured version of
> Apache.

What versions of apache and mod_perl?

Sean

Re: Installing modperl when Apache is currently installed.

Posted by Dondi Stroma <ds...@verizon.net>.
Hopefully you have apxs installed which you can use to build mod_perl
without Apache sources. I have done this on Linux and worked perfectly even
when other methods didn't work for some reason.

Here are the instructions
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Build_mod_perl_as_a_DSO_outside_the_Apache_Source_Tree_via_APXS

RE: Installing modperl when Apache is currently installed.