Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl> on 2004/06/22 16:53:16 UTC

Make PROPPATCH update lastmodified property

Currently Slide does not change the last modified property when
modifying dead properties using PROPPATCH. I'd like to change this
behavior so that changes to dead properties via PROPPATCH cause the last
modified property to be updated.

This is what section 13.7 in RFC 2518 has to say about it:

"the last-modified date on a resource may reflect changes in any part of
the state of the resource, not necessarily just a change to the response
to the GET method. For example, a change in a property may cause the
last-modified date to change."

Does anybody have any objections against changing this or see possible
issues?

--
Unico

Re: Make PROPPATCH update lastmodified property

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@apache.org>.
I have just committed the change. PROPPATCH now causes the last modified
date to be updated. Setting the 'updateLastModified' servlet init
parameter to 'false' disables this behavior.

--
Unico