Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by David Van Couvering <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2006/08/14 20:55:27 UTC

Error message generator - where to put it?

I am working on updating the SQL States doc page for 10.2, using the
little ErrorMessageGenerator.java tool I wrote way back when.

This has lived as an attachment to a JIRA item for over a year.  I
thought it would be time to check it in so it can have a real life for
itself.

But now I am stumped about where to put it.  This is a tool that is used
to generate a documentation file.  Is this a build tool?  I was thinking
of putting it under java/build.  Does that seem reasonable to folks?

Thanks,

David

Re: Error message generator - where to put it?

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 8/14/06, David Van Couvering <Da...@sun.com> wrote:
> I am working on updating the SQL States doc page for 10.2, using the
> little ErrorMessageGenerator.java tool I wrote way back when.
>
> But now I am stumped about where to put it.  This is a tool that is used
> to generate a documentation file.  Is this a build tool?  I was thinking
> of putting it under java/build.  Does that seem reasonable to folks?

+1, definitely the best place for it underneath the top-level java dir.

andrew