Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Peter Shankey <sh...@netscape.net> on 2002/01/08 18:10:14 UTC

Linked Cascading Style Sheet does not seem to be working

Using Apache 1.3.20 on Sparc Solaris 8. The issues occurs with both IE and Netscape.

When I use a linked cascading Style sheet the parms in the style sheet file do not seem to work. However if I put the same parms in an Embedded Syle for a Page it works. I set up a very simple html page and a very simple style file. Attached are the html file and the style file.

In a book I was looking in it made a reference to registering a MIME type for style sheets. How do I test to see if the MIME type of text/css is registered? In the file conf/mime.types an entry of "text/css      css" is there.

How do I test to see if the style infomation is being sent to the browser?

FYI in my Netscape the Enbale Style Sheets box is checked? The version is 4.7

Thanks
Pete

Re: Linked Cascading Style Sheet does not seem to be working

Posted by Martin Haase-Thomas <mh...@meome-ag.de>.
Hi Pete,

a css embedded via '<link rel type="stylesheet" ...> should work even in
NN4. You can watch delivery in the servers access_log.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Peter Shankey [mailto:shankeyp@netscape.net]

> How do I test to see if the style infomation is being sent to the
> browser?

telnet yourhost.example.com 80[enter]
HEAD /path/to/file.css HTTP/1.0[enter]
Host: yourhost.example.com[enter][enter]

If you want to see the actual file along with the headers, replace HEAD with
GET.

Joshua.