Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dhawal Bhanushali <dh...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/26 19:44:51 UTC

Regarding xs:anyType to Java Object conversion.

Hi ,

I am exposing an API called "Object[] userDef (Object...) which takes
Obect[] as parameter and returns Object[]. The wsdl generated shows the type
the parameter as xs:anyType. When I pass the parameter from the client as
int, the value at the server side is shown as javax.activation.Datahandler.
I found that inside BeanUtil.deserialize though it tries to deserialize the
argument as javaType Object SimpleTypeMapper.isDataHandler returns true and
it returns as javax.activation.datahandler.

Is this a known issue or expected behavior.While digging online which I find
as a similar issue.
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/R4VLPXYJsXucFB9xl7vu

<http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/R4VLPXYJsXucFB9xl7vu> How can I try
to work around this. ??

I tried passing String instead of int to the api and I see the same output.
Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.

Axis version 1.5.4
Java Version 1.6 update24

I cannot put all the source here. But to help me if it really needed please
let me know. I shall attach it.

Regards,
Dhawal.