Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marek Janukowicz <ma...@ifirma.pl> on 2002/07/18 14:26:02 UTC

Setting handler for whole document tree

Hello everyone

I want to set a handler (fcgi script) for html documents in the whole
document tree. I managed to set it for the "/" directory (with "Action
text/html path/to/my/script.fcgi"), but it does not work for any
subdirectories (I still get the 404 response). I tried with
<DirectoryMatch> and <LocationMatch> directives, but to no avail.

Any help will be appreciated

Marek

Re: Setting handler for whole document tree

Posted by Marek Janukowicz <ma...@ifirma.pl>.
On Thursday, July 18, 2002, at 02:26 PM, Marek Janukowicz wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I want to set a handler (fcgi script) for html documents in the whole
> document tree. I managed to set it for the "/" directory (with "Action
> text/html path/to/my/script.fcgi"), but it does not work for any
> subdirectories (I still get the 404 response). I tried with
> <DirectoryMatch> and <LocationMatch> directives, but to no avail.

My previous email was a bit unclear: I want do something like that:

- I get a request for "/smth/smth.html" file
- I have a handler for text/html files defined - this is a fcgi script
- the script takes the URL, retrieves proper document from the database
and returns it to client

The problem is I don't have the directory "/smth" in my document tree,
so Apache returns 404 page before fcgi script can handle the request. As
for the "/" dir it all works ok...

Marek