Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steven Stern <su...@sterndata.com> on 2006/07/19 18:29:24 UTC

Using a # character in a spam report

In our standard spam report, we have a line like

report For more info, see http://our.server/infopage.html

I'm adding content to the page and would like to add links to local anchors

report For more info, see http://our.server/infopage.html#anchor

It appears that SA treats the # as the start of a comment and leaves
"#anchor" out of the resulting report. Is there a way to escape the #?

--

  Steve

Re: Using a # character in a spam report

Posted by Steven Stern <su...@sterndata.com>.
Duane Hill wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Steven Stern wrote:
>
>> In our standard spam report, we have a line like
>>
>> report For more info, see http://our.server/infopage.html
>>
>> I'm adding content to the page and would like to add links to local
>> anchors
>>
>> report For more info, see http://our.server/infopage.html#anchor
>>
>> It appears that SA treats the # as the start of a comment and leaves
>> "#anchor" out of the resulting report. Is there a way to escape the #?
>>

> I believe you should be able to use:
>
>   http://our.server/infopage.html\#anchor
>
> I've escaped chars in the report before myself.

Uh-oh... This is how the report comes out:

http://www.ccim.com/members/help/bcastfaq.html\#spam

Not quite what I wanted.

Posted by Duane Hill <d....@yournetplus.com>.
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Steven Stern wrote:

> In our standard spam report, we have a line like
>
> report For more info, see http://our.server/infopage.html
>
> I'm adding content to the page and would like to add links to local anchors
>
> report For more info, see http://our.server/infopage.html#anchor
>
> It appears that SA treats the # as the start of a comment and leaves
> "#anchor" out of the resulting report. Is there a way to escape the #?

I believe you should be able to use:

   http://our.server/infopage.html\#anchor

I've escaped chars in the report before myself.

--
"This message was sent using 100% recycled electrons."

Re: Using a # character in a spam report

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Steven Stern wrote:

> It appears that SA treats the # as the start of a comment and leaves
> "#anchor" out of the resulting report. Is there a way to escape the #?

Try a single backslash:
  .../blahblahblah\#anchor

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/