Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no> on 2007/02/08 00:38:49 UTC

[OT] feathercast

Hello.

Just stumbled over the feathercast podcast. Episode 15 has an
interview with Jean Anderson where she talkes about Derby, the
Incubator, Cayenne and some other stuff.

This is old news, but I did not find it in the mail archive.

Search for feathercast in iTunes or go to http://feathercast.org/

  - Tore.

Re: [OT] feathercast

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
>> Not updated at all. http://www.zeemaps.com/map.do?group=1128

Ok this URL started to work for me as well (it is a redirect).

Also it took me a while to remember that you have to log in with
password "cay" to add new markers.

Andrus

Re: [OT] feathercast

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
cayenne.apache.org/mailing-lists.html

And the URL was a bit different (zeemaps.com doesn't work for me) :

http://www.zeesource.net/maps/map.do?group=1128

(BTW, Tore, as an admin could you please delete my marker in Moscow?
I'll add another one of my alter-ego locations shortly :-))

Andrus

Re: [OT] feathercast

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
I told you I'd get the name wrong!  Thanks!

Re: [OT] feathercast

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.

Re: [OT] feathercast

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Michael Gentry wrote:
> PS. Jean, I know one of the guys here (I seem to recall Kevin or Cris,
> but I'm probably wrong) put together a Google Map thing where we could
> all put pushpins into our location on the map.  It was kind of neat to
> see where people were located.

There's also a map here of apache committers:

   http://people.apache.org/map.html

For those of you who are committers, info on how to add your own info to
committers/info is at http://people.apache.org/foaf/index.html .

 -jean

Re: [OT] feathercast

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
That was an interesting podcast -- thanks for sharing.  I found the
document by Olav which was mentioned, too.  It is at:

http://db.apache.org/derby/binaries/DerbyPerfDurability-2006.pdf

The performance bits are about 80% through the PDF, but the entire
thing is interesting to read through.  Or at least I though it was,
which probably says things about my character that I'd prefer remained
hidden.  :-)

Thanks!

/dev/mrg

Re: [OT] feathercast