Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/09/01 22:11:15 UTC

Board report draft

Folks

I put together a draft of the board report. Feel free to contribute more
content / make corrections:

http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/BoardReportSept2008

Cheers

Oleg

Re: Board report draft

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
ant elder wrote:
> Looks good to me and i agree would be good to mention about Droids.

Looks good.. +1
asankha
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> Folks
>>
>> Please do try to find a few minutes to review the report and add bits
>> that you think are missing.
>>
>> We probably should also mention the ongoing discussion about the
>> possibility of Droids moving out of the Labs and joining the project as
>> a subproject
>>
>> Oleg
>>
>> On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 22:11 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
>>
>>> Folks
>>>
>>> I put together a draft of the board report. Feel free to contribute more
>>> content / make corrections:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/BoardReportSept2008
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Oleg

Asankha C. Perera

WSO2 - http://wso2.org
http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: Board report draft

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 12:46 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I added a section on Droids to the board report. Please review.

Nice wording.

Thank you very much Oleg.

salu2

Re: Board report draft

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.
On Sep 15, 2008, at 12:46:13, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I added a section on Droids to the board report. Please review.

Thanks so much.

> If Erik does not show up online today, I will submit the report around
> 20:00 GMT.

I'm in the process of looking through the stuff and preparing the
final report. I'll try to catch you on IM somewhere to coordinate -
otherwise I'm planning on submitting the reort later today...

Cheers,
Erik

Re: Board report draft

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Folks,

Re: Board report draft

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Re: Board report draft

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 00:03 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 23:40 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 19:03 +0100, ant elder wrote:
> > > Looks good to me and i agree would be good to mention about Droids.
> >
> > I started a proposal for incubation, but ATM there is a ongoing
> > discussion about how to leave labs and we should wait till it settles.
> >
> >  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DroidsProposal
> >
> > The other thing is the community component for droids. The only initial
> > committer ATM besides me is Ryan from lucene/solr, some colleagues of
> > mine have posted patches and lucene committer expressed interest for
> > sponsoring droids as well (labs list) [1].
> >

> Hi Thorsten
>
> Community building is precisely the reason why Droids should go through
> the process of incubation.

I agree, the recent discussion has started (I guess) because it is the
first project leaving labs.

> Several people (including myself) expressed
> willingness to help with the incubation process, but this may not be
> enough to ensure a tong term viability of Droids. Getting new people on
> board is indeed the biggest issue.

Yes.

Re: Board report draft

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 23:40 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 19:03 +0100, ant elder wrote:
> > Looks good to me and i agree would be good to mention about Droids.
>
> I started a proposal for incubation, but ATM there is a ongoing
> discussion about how to leave labs and we should wait till it settles.
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DroidsProposal
>
> The other thing is the community component for droids. The only initial
> committer ATM besides me is Ryan from lucene/solr, some colleagues of
> mine have posted patches and lucene committer expressed interest for
> sponsoring droids as well (labs list) [1].

Hi Thorsten

Community building is precisely the reason why Droids should go through
the process of incubation. Several people (including myself) expressed
willingness to help with the incubation process, but this may not be
enough to ensure a tong term viability of Droids. Getting new people on
board is indeed the biggest issue.

Another concern is that HttpComponents may prove too constraining if you
envisage Droids being more than a framework for web (HTTP) crawlers. In

Re: Board report draft

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Re: Board report draft

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.