Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pramod <pr...@maxxion.co.in> on 2005/08/16 11:20:44 UTC

Problem with Html File Object

Hi All,

I am facing a problem with html file object. Can we assign value to file object externally ?.

Thanks in Advance
Pramod.

Re: Problem with Html File Object

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Pramod wrote:
> I am facing a problem with html file object. Can we assign value to file object externally ?.

I'm not sure what it is you want to do; if you're asking if it's possible
to pre-populate a file input with a file to upload if the user doesn't
change it, the answer is no: browsers will not let you do that (I think I
heard that Opera may, but it's the exception).

L.
--
Laurie Harper
Open Source advocate, Java geek: http://www.holoweb.net/laurie