Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Alaa Salmo <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/12 01:36:00 UTC

Apache Drill & LDAP

Hi All,

Can apache Drill work with ldap directly? If you have any url/link, send it
please.

Alaa

Re: Apache Drill & LDAP

Posted by Divya Gehlot <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alaa ,
Yes Drill works with LDAP dierctly once you have the PAM configuration in
your drill-overide,conf
Here is the link :
https://drill.apache.org/docs/using-libpam4j-as-the-pam-authenticator/

Thanks,
Divya

Re: Apache Drill & LDAP

Posted by Sorabh Hamirwasia <sh...@mapr.com>.
Hi Alaa,
Drill provides support for using PAM modules for authentication. By default
it only uses unix user for the authentication and enforces authentication
rules as defined in sudo and login pam profiles[1]. But PAM can also be
configured to use ldap using the provided module libpam-ldap for
authentication instead of unix users. This setup is generic and is not
controlled by Drill. Admin can do it independently if they wish to use it.
On quick search I found this link [2] to be useful for reference. Once ldap
is setup then you can write your custom pam profile under /etc/pam.d/ and
configure Drill to use it based on your environment requirements.

[1]: https://drill.apache.org/docs/using-libpam4j-as-the-pam-authenticator/
[2]: https://wiki.debian.org/LDAP/PAM

Thanks,
Sorabh