Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ray Madigan <ra...@madigans.org> on 2004/03/05 00:35:51 UTC

Mapped Backed ActionForm

I am having a difficult time getting Map backed ActionForm's working.

In the ActionForm class I have the following methods defined

    private Map elementMap = new HashMap ( );

    public Object getElementMap ( String key ) {
        return ( String ) elementMap.get ( key );
    }

    public void setElementMap ( String key, Object value ) {
        elementMap.put ( key, value );
    }

In the jsp page I have

value='${element.value}'/></td>

The form initializes correctly, the initial value is set correctly, etc.

When I submit the form I get the following error, which I usually get when a
parameter is attempting to set a value in the form.

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor$1 from class
org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor

In the reset method of the form I look at the parameters of the request and
see

elementMap(perPage) with a value that is what I entered on the form.