Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "steve.hostettler" <st...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/14 08:20:30 UTC

Communication between Ignite Clusters

Hello,

I would like to know what is the best way to integrate two different Apache
Ignite Clusters?
I can see the ignite client and the jdbc integration.

Re: Communication between Ignite Clusters

Posted by "steve.hostettler" <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot!

Re: Communication between Ignite Clusters

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
You could use Ignite’s Kafka adapter — it does both.

To do it “manually” you’d use a continuous query or events to listen to changes. A data streamer or just simple puts depending on the volume to insert into the remote cluster. The data is balanced by virtue of the key; you don’t need to do anything special.

Posted by "steve.hostettler" <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for your answer,

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
There’s nothing “out of the box” I’m afraid. There are commercial options available.

With open source, it would be relatively straight-forward to copy changes over using something like Kafka. Or, assuming you’d want it to be event-driven, you could listen to the first cluster with a thick client, publishing to the second using a thin-client.

The challenge in both cases comes in making sure the two stores stay in sync in the event of outages/downtime.

Posted by Stephen Darlington <st...@gridgain.com>.
What do you mean by “integrate”? Replicate data between? One cluster stretched across two data centres?