Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by joe schmo <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2019/01/19 10:31:25 UTC

build process

I'll try again.  Is there any documentation on the build process?  I'm wondering if there is a way to generate a log file during the build, also, I'm wondering if there is a way to build individual modules with the ant script.

Thanks
BC

Re: build process

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
Dne sobota 19. ledna 2019 16:06:42 CET, joe schmo napsal(a):
> Thank you for your response, my question may have sounded stupid, I am aware
> how to redirect screen output, I guess I was wondering if there was any
> available documentation for the build process.

The apisupport harness is documented here

https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/
dc92644eeb9000fd76de1bd9432519063cca94c0/harness/apisupport.harness/release/
README

the NetBeans own build system[1] builds on that. Most of the Ant task and
script code is under `nbbuild` directory.

Btw. NetBeans offers decent Ant script debugger. Just right click on
`build.xml` and select "Debug -> target".
-jt

[1] see nbbuild/templates/projectized.xml with additions and changes.

Re: build process

Re: build process

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
ant | tee logfile.txt