Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 1998/01/21 20:02:51 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apachen/src/main alloc.h buff.h conf.h http_conf_globals.h http_config.h http_core.h http_log.h http_main.h http_protocol.h http_request.h http_vhost.h httpd.h md5.h multithread.h rfc1413.h scoreboard.h util_date.h util_md5.h util_script.h

Marc Slemko wrote:

> I must have missed the discussion of this... this isn't just a bug fix,
> and it does change the API in a way.

How does it change the API?  There's no difference in what header files
need to be included, and there are no syntax changes to any routines or
macros.  So where's the API change?

> All underscores beginning with a _ are reserved for use by the...
> erm...  "implementation" is the term the Single UNIX spec uses.
> There is a reason for that.  Is there really any point in us using
> leading _'s just for the sake of using them?

I'm not aware of any; I used other modules around on my systems as
examples.

> I agree with wrapping the headers to avoid problems of double inclusion,
> but...

No problem; I'll go back and remove the leading underbar.  I included an
APACHE_ prefix in any event; that ought to be sufficient.

#ken	P-)}