Posted to scm@geronimo.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/07/16 14:30:24 UTC

[Geronimo Wiki] Update of "HowToAxisGeronimo" by SingLi

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Geronimo Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by SingLi:
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/HowToAxisGeronimo

  Before continuing with HowToTutorial we must install and test the Axis web application within Geronimo.

- Download the Axis binaries. We are using 1.2 beta
+ Download the Axis binaries. The webapp in 1.2.1 release will work.

  cd $AXIS_HOME/webapps/axis

@@ -132, +132 @@

  }}}
  Note : See also the tag dependancy for an alternative way of using libraries.

+
+ I only had to add activation.jar, downloadable from http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/glasgow/jaf.html.
+
  Create a the axis.war

  jar -cf ../axis.war *

  Deploy the war

- cd incubator-geronimo/target
+ Change directory to your Geronimo build target dir.

- java -jar bin/deployer.jar --install --module axis.war
+ java -jar bin/deployer.jar distribute axis.war

  Start the Geronimo server

@@ -148, +151 @@

  http://localhost:8080/axis/happyaxis.jsp should report total bliss.

- More information is available at the root of the context, http://gisig.com:8080/axis/