Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by "Adunuthula, Seshu" <sa...@ebay.com> on 2015/07/07 20:01:46 UTC

Should Jira updates be sent to this DL?

Was curious what you folks think, Should we be sending Jira updates to this DL, I do like it that I can check the status of a Jira, but it seems to generate a lot of noise on the DL.

Re: Should Jira updates be sent to this DL?

Posted by "Adunuthula, Seshu" <sa...@ebay.com>.
+1 for notification@ list for JIRA updates/resolves.

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
In my opinion, the traffic is a bit high for those of us who follow but are not core developers. One idea is to send a message to this list when a JIRA case is created but don’t send a message when it is updated. If a member of this list is interested in a particular issue they can watch it when they see case logged. IIRC the Drill project does that.

Posted by vipul jhawar <vi...@gmail.com>.
It is good to receive the JIRA updates on the list, which list is the main
question. If the purpose of the notification group could be defined, then
it will sort out the noise issue.
+1 for jira notifications.

We would be very much interested on comments, updates or cases posted on a
JIRA. If the dev list is mainly about doubts, use cases, questions,
problems that people are facing, then it would be better to have a separate
group for JIRA. Or does JIRA allow people to add themselves as watcher to
the project, then we could go and subscribe ourselves in JIRA project but I
am not sure if that is enabled for kylin JIRA.