Posted to users@shindig.apache.org by Darren Bond <db...@globalcad.com> on 2014/02/14 20:50:17 UTC

Gadget Content Cannot be Scrolled

Dear All,

Based on our implementation of Java Shindig we've noticed that gadgets which
comprise an embedded web page cannot be scrolled.

Here is an example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<Module>

<ModulePrefs title="Facebook" height="400" scrolling="true">

                <Require feature="dynamic-height" />

    <Require feature="views" />

</ModulePrefs>

<Content type="url" view="default, home, canvas, profile"
href="http://ampatico.com/Facebook/iGoogle/6fromSVN/index">

</Content>

</Module>

A rendered example of the gadget can be seen here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7c1acfieg19wqi7/Facebook-Gadget-Issues.png

It seems as if Shindig doesn't respect the parameter "scrolling=true" and
suppresses scrollbars.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Darren

Re: Gadget Content Cannot be Scrolled

Posted by Stanton Sievers <ss...@apache.org>.
Hi Darren,

What version of the OpenSocial spec did you see "scrolling" as a valid
attribute for ModulePrefs?  I don't see it in 2.5.1 or 2.5.next.

Shindig will set the following CSS in your gadget when it rewrites.
"html,body{height:100%;width:100%;overflow:auto;}"

Have you overridden that CSS somewhere to hide the overflow?

Regards,
-Stanton